Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fried Ice Cream Proposal




I realized thanks to some close friends that I never shared the PROPOSAL with everyone. So enjoy the story:

Friday night is our date night, whether we are spending time alone in our bed or catching a movie. No matter what the event we just want to make time for each other at least one night week. Friday February 10th started like any other night. We went back in forth about where to have dinner and finally decided to go to our favorite Japanese restaurant that has a hibachi bar (hibachi bar = cooking right in front of you), which now that I look back was definitely her plan the entire night. However, it was a pretty typical event. When we arrived to the restaurant, I decided I should get the movie tickets while she put our names on the list for seating. When I returned I saw that it wasn't packed at all and we actually had our own section. Again this was still typical, especially for a slow night. Nonetheless, our cook came, did his thing and we ate. Shortly after the cook was finished a waitress asked if we wanted dessert. Now I have to say she really didn't wait long to ask at all. The cooked had only left less than 5mins before she asked. Either way I figured it was ok because she had to be a newbie, considering we really did know everyone that worked there. I looked at her and she said "You want fried ice cream?" Of course I said yes. About ten minutes later my ice cream was being handed to me. The waiter puts it down and says "Congratulations." Again I looked at her and said "What is he talking about?" Looking back down at the ice cream I saw it was decorated so cute with raspberries and a green leaf on top. I moved the leaf, first, from the ice cream and saw the lining of the ring. Honestly, I couldn't even say anything but "Oh My God." I can't even tell you how many times I said it, meanwhile she's looking at me thinking please say something or at least take the ring out of the ice cream. Finally I took the ring out and she put on my finger and asked me to MARRY HER. In my stunned appearance as well as multiple Oh My God's later, I was finally able to say "Yes, of course!"

She is really the soul mate I have longed for. To find someone you want to share everything with is the Ultimate gift in life. She is and will forever be my Precious Cargo. 


FYI - The picture is not the actual as taking a picture of the masterpiece was definitely the last thing on my mind and it melted by the time I even thought about it.

SURPRISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment