Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lesbian Wedding: Dress Hunting

Dress hunting should be one of the best highlights of the wedding experience. You're also suppose to grab your best girlfriends, sisters, mom or whoever, to go with you. Well I chose to go a completely different route! Not say I wouldn't have like to include all of those wonderful people in my life like those I mentioned above, but they would all of very different opinions about everything. I thought if I included them all I would have more problems then what I started with. Plus I was a little nervous that with so many people my fiancée would ultimately see the dress and that was a big no no! So I went only with my Wedding Planner. I knew she had a good understanding of my personality to help me nail down the perfect dress.

Yes I know you may be thinking dang how could she not include her mom at the very least. Well to answer that: 1. My mom lives in Texas 2. She's still trying to wrap her head around this wedding 3. I know her ideal dress is something traditional and this wedding is already FAR from traditional. Given those reasons it was not that difficult of a decision. I did send her my top 3 picks to take a look at for her to have some idea of what I was going for.

Now back to this dress. I had to find something that SCREAMED my name something that made you look back twice. Though I found some dresses that were amazing and looked beautiful on me, they were at the same time a little more traditional than I wanted. Finally I tried on a Vera Wang design that was simply stunning. It took my breath away looking at it in the photo album. You will all have to wait to see just what dress I decided, however, if you are looking at any of her designs see if you can guess which one I chose!

If you are married what style did you go for Traditional or Fair From It? Comment below with your style!
BTW stay tune for "Lesbian Tuxedo Anyone"

No comments:

Post a Comment