Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rejection Can Be Deceiving


How many times have you attempted to ask a girl out and either chickened out or were rejected?

How many times have you looked at her all night wondering is she gay or straight?

How many times have you actually approached a straight girl who was curious, so played into, but later rejected you?

I could go on and on about the different situations that lead to a rejection. For me, I was never one to approach a girl. I would much rather she come up to me rather than taking a chance and potentially humiliating myself. However, once and just once before I was completely out of my dark closet, I actually told a girl I liked her, who we will refer to as CJ. Now I clearly thought without a doubt CJ was a lesbian. I mean I swear I thought I saw all the classic signs a lesbian girl. The way she dress and the way she acted are typically clear evidence. Now call me crazy but, if only I had a video camera you would have all thought the same.

So what happened? I got the nerve to tell CJ I liked her and her exact words were "I'm flattered but, I'm not gay". I said "REALLY". Talk about rejected. I really thought I had a chance and damn good one too. However, I later realized CJ had told a couple of her buddies about it and all the snickering started. Honestly I was kind of happy she told people because that meant I didn't have to. My closes friends knew but, no one outside of that circle so she definitely opened some doors for me.

Now back to rejection being deceiving, after I was rejected I thought that was the end of that and just moved on. It was the end of the school year and I was parting with friends, everything was all good…right? Not so much. In walks CJ, the party is still cool; I'm hanging with my girls. Later that night, I'm posted against the walk pretty much by myself, she walks up to me and just start grinding doesn't say a word and just walks away. Now WTF is up with that, luckily one of my girlfriends turned around and saw it too. So what did that really mean about her? Till this day I still don't know. I'm not one to play games so I never spoke to her about it. I figured it she was, in fact, interested she was going to have to get up and open her mouth same way I did. But have you ever heard of a straight girl grinding on her lesbian crush that she told she wasn’t gay? So back to my point rejection can clearly be deceiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment